Process assigned back-office operational tasks within assigned time frames on a daily basis. Investigate fraudulent claims, mitigate risk and research suspect items and/or transactions within appropriate time frames. Answer and assist branches with client inquiries, research and updates as needed. Offer guidance and support to peers and allow department staff to leverage your knowledge and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists clients with their phone inquiries/Answer Branch inquiries
• Completes computer data input and TMS entries
• Performs client-requested research as needed
• Balances all applications (DDA, SAV, DDL, COD and GL)
• Enters new stop payments on the Fiserv system and/or callback stops for branches
• Processes dormant and inactive daily reports • Mails NSF, Return Item and COD notices
• Researches and clears adjustments to and from FRB and correspondent banks
• Processes SWB and Fiserv suspense accounts (balance, clear and adjust)
• Performs daily LIR, Fraud Detection, ATM Settlement balancing, Reg E claims and a variety of other standard operations support tasks
• Supports Operations Support Supervisor with review of daily tasks completed by Branch Support personnel.
• Trains new employees for Branch Support and Call Center duties.
• Serves as resource for Branch Support team members with questions or issues that arise.
• Prepares content and conducts training in Branch Operations Meetings and Branch Support meetings with relevant information regarding the operations of the bank.
• Completes special projects as directed. I.e. Developing and documenting new processes, recommendations for process improvements, Business Analytics report creation,
• Reviews Daily TMS transactions completed by Branch Support and Branch Admin staff.
• Compiles and reviews specialized reports for summary of Branch Support productivity.
• Assists in timely completion of department certifications.
• Coordinates department scheduling in absence of Branch Support Supervisor
• Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
• Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
• Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
• Adheres to local, state and federal laws
• Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
• Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
• Additional duties as assigned as it relates to the position
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities. There will be supervisory responsibilities when acting as support to the Supervisor.
• Two years of banking experience in back-office operations, experience in researching and resolving basic to complex problems.
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Strong verbal communications ability
• Ability to multi-task
• Operate 10-key calculator by touch
• Understanding of Windows-based personal computers
• Basic knowledge of Word and Excel
• Compose, format and prepare correspondence with proper spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Ability to type (40 wpm)
• Change agent
• Decision Making
• Results Orientated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Standing, walking and squatting less than fifty percent of the work shift
• Required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds
• Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports
• Must be able to see, hear and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Manual dexterity required using hands to finger; handle, feel and type; reach with hands and arms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The work space is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated with the proper safety compliance
• Noise levels are considered moderate
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.