We have an opening for a Financial Manager to maintain and enhance financial systems, federal reporting, fiscal projections, as well as oversee the financial accounting and reporting for the Division of Medicaid in the Bureau of Financial Operations.
The position is located in Boise with Idaho Medicaid at Central Office and the incumbent in this position will have the option to telecommute, work from the office, or a combination of both.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance- (full-time) employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Financial Manager making $41.10/hour to an estimated $55.95/hour.
If you have previously applied for Financial Manager and wish to be considered for this vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Plan and direct major specialized units; may perform complex accounting, auditing, or budgeting reviews and analyses
- Ensure financial systems and documents are in compliance with laws, policies, standards, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles and practices
- Define issues and take adversarial positions; incumbent's actions have significant legal ramifications
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of a variety of financial documents
- Provide professional consultation regarding financial matters and the application of information technology issues to support various financial requirements
- Recommend hiring staff, and train and evaluate their performance
- Design, develop, or oversee the development of and changes to financial reporting and management systems and direct their implementation
- Manage reporting for Federal partners
- Manage contract budgeting and tracking
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
Good knowledge of:
- Accounting principles and practices
- Supervisory practices
- Analyzing financial and auditing data
- Auditing or designing financial systems
- Establishing internal financial or auditing controls
- Preparing and making oral presentations