The Idaho Lottery is seeking a dynamic and motivated person to join our fun, fast-paced team as a Research Analyst located in Boise, Idaho.
In an industry that is constantly evolving and as an agency committed to making data-driven decisions. The Lottery is looking for a Research Analyst that will develop a comprehensive understanding of the business, including operational design, policy parameters and related technology and provide research and analytical support for the development of business strategies and analyze current business trends for marketing, economic, organizational and business development through data collection and assemble the data for presentation and use by decision makers.
The Research Analyst will focus on Data Analysis, Report Development and Research Development. Duties include:
Data Analysis & Report Development
- Prepare analytical reports from large data sets to aid management in making data-driven decisions for business operations, strategies and policies
- Create/use databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and mapping applications to enhance the data analysis capabilities and develop techniques for utilizing data sources to generate information essential for decision-making
- Create accurate and timely reports
- Develop ROI on campaigns, strategies and initiatives
- Facilitate ways to calculate and analyze performance measures
- Identify best practices within retail stores to help optimize sales opportunities and strategies
- Identify weaknesses and opportunities in business operations and develop strategies to address them
- Comprehensive analysis of individual retail operations to identify areas of increased opportunity
- Monitor Sales Force Automation (Gem Intelligence) to assist in sales improvement
- Continual monitoring of Plan-O-Gram schematics to insure compliance in the field
- Work closely with Product Manager to monitor and evaluate Scratch game inventories and new game launches
- Develop and manage research projects, as assigned, for all departments of the Idaho Lottery
- Participate in Lottery industry research group organized for research and business analysts in the Lottery field
- Research and analyze game trends and game performance
- Stay apprised of current trends within the Lottery industry to stay up to date on new products coming to the market.
- Analyze consumer behaviors and preferences and assist in developing strategies and methodologies to meet the market
- Recommend refinement and development of operating procedures based on results of studies
- Disseminate research results in written, narrative, graphic and tabular (spreadsheet) form and make presentations on findings.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
Qualified applicants must:
- Have good knowledge of business and organizational analysis, project management, statistical analysis and evaluation
- Have good knowledge of process improvement methodology
- Proficient with computers and technology in general
- Must be able to expertly use computer applications/software (i.e. Excel) and be able to develop modeling tools for collecting data and making statistical calculations to include quantitative analysis, developing written reports and making oral presentations
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug test and criminal, credit, and public records background checks conducted by the Idaho Lottery
This is a full-time position and is located in the Idaho Lottery Headquarters in Boise, Idaho. Pay for this position is $23-$25 per hour and will receive full, State of Idaho employee benefits.
The Idaho Lottery is a self-governing State agency and offers a great benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid sick and vacation time; all paid State holidays; State retirement program (PERSI); and many others.
If you feel this is the job for you and you wish to apply, please send a cover letter/letter of intent and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by mail to the Idaho Lottery, Attn: Jennifer Quinno-Miller, 1199 Shoreline Lane, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83702. This job posting closes January 28, 2022. Submissions must be received or post marked BY end of day on the closing date. Those received or post marked after the closing date will not be considered.
*Applications without BOTH a cover letter/letter of interest and resume may not be considered. Please include details about your interest in this position and what makes you a qualified candidate in your cover letter.
The Idaho Lottery is an Equal Opportunity Employer!