HD Fowler Company is looking for a full-time Branch Estimator in our Boise, Idaho branch. We are the number one distributor of water and wastewater solutions in the Northwest and the Branch Estimator is an integral to the company's success. This role will provide high quality estimating for an assigned market.
What you will do:
- Independently complete accurate and thorough takeoffs (including specifications, pricing, freight, etc.), meeting deadlines and expectations of both company and customer in terms of both production/output and quality.
- Find, qualify, and coordinate upcoming bids within their market, and proactively communicate with the sales team to design and implement successful bid strategies.
- Thoroughly follow-up on all bids; assist with job tracking, updating bid board with low bidders, and/or coordinating all aspects of the bidding process with other staff, as designated.
- Responsible for completing detailed and itemized material quantity estimates from owner or contractor furnished plan sets.
- Work well with all external parties on all aspects of project bidding, including but not limited to: project clarifications, value-added options and material alternative suggestions, product specifications and changes, etc.
- Procedural and reporting compliance.
- Communicate effectively with consulting engineers regarding project questions and problems, knowing who to appropriately discuss questions or concerns with- sales or engineers.
- Establish a professional and ethical rapport with key customers, vendors, and internal contacts in order to understand the overall market picture and stay aware of work and market conditions
- Help develop and maintain specification tools and resources for job efficiency and accuracy.
- Act as a company resource for product knowledge, operational expertise, training and mentoring, process improvements, and initiative/goal achievement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who we are looking for:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a waterworks estimator for HD Fowler, a direct competitor, and/or in a related field (specific industry experience required), with a proven track record of producing high output of estimating.
- At least 1 year functioning for HD Fowler as Inside Sales or Project Manager, or for external applicants, equivalent relevant project management experience.
- Strong math and computer skills, as well as an eye for detail.
- Has a good understanding of blue prints including plan & profile views, elevations, topographical, etc.
- Able to interact positively with all types of coworkers and customers with effective and professional written and oral communication.
- Can work overtime when necessary and/or required.
- Able to self-guide work prioritization and completion; work with little to no direct supervision.
What's in it for you:
- Company Hours: Monday-Friday, 7AM-5PM
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off Accrual
- Bonuses and Profit Sharing
- Access to wide variety of training and skills programs
- Safe and engaging work environment
- Flex Spending Programs for health and dependent care
- 401(k) Traditional & Roth with company match
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50/month)
- Safety boots & pants reimbursement
- $2000 Hiring Bonus paid after 120 days of employment
- Salary DOE
Who we are:
HD Fowler has been family-owned for over 100 years and is the single best distributor of water and wastewater solutions in the Northwest. We would love to have you on our team!
H.D. Fowler Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and embrace the unique backgrounds, talents, and perspectives of all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
We promote a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on results of drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
No recruiting agencies, please.