Friends of Children and Families
Assistant Teacher - $10.86-$14.44 (DOE)
Job Summary -
Assists and teams with the Friends of Children and Families (FOCAF) Head Start Teacher in providing an environment and activities necessary to meet the objectives of Head Start Children’s Services component; integrates Health, Nutrition, Transportation, Disabilities, and Family Service/Parent Involvement components, as they relate directly to children and families. Acts as bus monitor when assigned.
Essential Functions -
- Co-creates and works with teachers and co-workers in developing weekly learning activities and curriculum development.
- Observes and documents the developmental level of each child, relays important information to the children’s family members, and other team members.
- Works together with team in organization, inventory, cleaning and prepping of outside (playground) and inside classrooms, and obtains needed supplies to support curriculum.
- Creates a positive and safe environment for children by using positive communication and supervising, monitoring, and counting children at all times.
- Supports an environment with clear and consistent behavior expectations through implementation of Positive Behavior Supports and Interventions.
- Integrates health and nutritional activities into daily curriculum through consistent implementation of FOCAF Dental, FOCAF Health, FOCAF Bus Curriculum Second Step Early Learners, and Child Protection Unit.
- Knowledge and understanding of Head Start performance standards and child outcome requirements.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of Children’s Services policies, Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework, procedures, and guidance in Children’s Services, and implements these in program activities.
- Able and willing to step into a lead role when needed.
- Monitors the safety of children during routes and while loading/unloading of the bus, as well as, releasing children to authorized individuals, when assigned.
- Provides health and nutrition education activities for children, including classroom food experience, tooth brushing, and hand washing.
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, reviews audio-visual materials, and publications to remain up to date with policies and practices.
- Must be able to effectively respond, communicate with and present information to co-workers, children, parents, and the general public.
- Keeps immediate supervisor, and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress.
- Maintains frequent contact with families including; home visits and conferences to promote partnership, ongoing communication, and support the family as the child’s first and most important teacher.
- Meets weekly (or more) with teaching team to collaborate.
- Demonstrates commitment for professional development and continuous growth by actively seeking out and participating in training opportunities.
- Engages with supervisor and co-workers on constructive and timely feedback, accepting feedback as a growth opportunity, and is open to continuous improvement for oneself and the organization.
- At a minimum have a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; OR
- Are enrolled in a program leading to an Associate or Baccalaureate degree; OR
- Are willing to enroll in a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential program upon hire (to be completed within two years of the time of hire).
- Bilingual preferred.
- Former EHS or HS parent preferred.
- Complete and maintain certificates for Infant/Child CPR and First Aid.
- Must pass a Health Physical Screen and TB test;
- Must pass an enhanced criminal background check that meets required state, federal, and FOCAF Head Start standards.
- Must pass drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Ability to complete training and maintain licensing for Boise City Child Care Worker where applicable.
Friends of Children and Families is a non-profit organization serving Ada and Elmore Counties by providing high quality Head Start and Early Head Start Services. We empower our community through early education and family engagement.
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR ONLINE APPLICATION AT: www.focaf.org
Friends of Children and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.