Boise Christian Retirement Village is an equal opportunity employer. At BCRV, we are committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to any classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, the Boise Christian Retirement Village reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall maintenance operation of the Boise Christian Retirement Village, and he/she is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment. Other responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as needed, performing regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks, as shown on “Preventive Maintenance Calendar”, and assigning duties and work assignments. The Maintenance Supervisor follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department, keeps required records and submits them to the Administrator when required, and cooperates with other employees.
- Develops and administers a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Performs overall supervision of the Maintenance Department including “hands-on” performance of maintenance and repair work.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, ice and snow, etc.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Maintains the fire alarms making sure they are in good working order, performs tests on fire alarms and keeps required records of test results.
- Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Boise Christian Retirement Village.
- Participates in budget planning for the Maintenance Department.
- Orders and requisitions supply with Administrator’s approval.
- Purchases and picks up supplies and materials required for BCRV operations.
- Occasionally transports residents in BCRH vehicle as required.
- Participates in and plans in-service programs, as necessary.
- Assists Administrator in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring and provides orientation and supervision for all employees of the Maintenance Department.
- Assigns work assignments and duty schedules.
- Supervises workforce in a manner which promotes teamwork and collaboration, minimizes conflicts and optimizes program accomplishment.
- Reviews and evaluates work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsels /disciplines assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy.
- Remains on call for emergencies seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with personnel and residents and good public relations.
- Ensures that resident and visitors receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Assists in the maintenance and update of the Property Assessment and the Disaster Plan on an annual basis.
- Concerns him/herself with the safety of all BCRV residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the BCRV’s fire safety and disaster plans.
- Performs other responsibilities, as may be required, and as directed by Administrator.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
Any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Ability to safely operate machinery and equipment including vehicles, mowers, tractors, backhoe, and various power tools.
- Familiarity with basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, irrigation, snow and ice removal, landscaping, and other relevant skills.
- Ability to withstand exposure to heat and cold.
- High level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress when required.
- Previous supervisory experience in a related role preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
Yearly by Administrator