Located in Boise, Idaho The Arc is committed to serving individuals with developmental disabilities. We work to ensure that people with intellectual and developmental disabilities have the supports they need to achieve independence in all facets of their lives.
We are currently looking to hire Direct Support Professionals to join our team. The Direct Support Professional will provide individual and group life skills services and vocational services to people with developmental disabilities. The ideal person for this position will be a team player, passionate about caring for people, and dependable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides individual and group life skills services, residential services, and/or vocational services. Assures services are carried out according to the participant’s program plan.
· Assists in participant program plan development by sharing service needs of participants and recommending alternatives for improving service delivery with the Developmental/Vocational Specialist.
· Monitors Participants under a variety of situations as assigned.
· Maintains privacy and respect for participants in regards to their disabilities while in the center or in the community.
· Safely transports Participants as assigned in a variety of company vehicles.
· Assists participants in personal care skills, appropriate clothing choices, cooking, and household duties.
· Participates in routine daily household duties to include, but not limited to personal living area, general household maintenance, and food preparation.
· Monitors administration of participant medications (residential only).
· Ensures professional, courteous, and high quality customer service.
· Generates and processes all oral and written reports, documents, and correspondence in an accurate and efficient manner, in compliance with funding bodies.
· Maintains a safe and healthful environment.
· Attends meetings and training as directed.
· Maintains professional working relationships with, but not limited to participants, co-workers, third parties, funding bodies, and natural supports.
· Accepts responsibility for all materials, equipment, and supplies utilized in carrying out assignments.
· Maintains a good communication with co-workers and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
· Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
· High School Diploma or GED and experience with people with disabilities or related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Must have Idaho Driver’s license, qualified personal vehicle and own vehicle insurance.
· Must obtain CPR and First Aid certification upon hire.
· Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background investigation.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.