The Idaho Lottery is looking for an outstanding Interactive Marketing Specialist to join our dynamic Marketing Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a fun, fast-paced, innovative team and agency.
The Interactive Marketing Specialist will work on the leading edge of the lottery industry managing a combination of player club product management, social media marketing and player relationship marketing along with other marketing duties including digital initiatives such as web and mobile work and managing and nurturing interactions with players in order to keep, increase, and engage our player base and increase sales.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Marketing and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop and leverage social media to drive player engagement, acquisition, and sales growth
- Create fun, innovative social media promotions and content
- Oversee and strategize our Very Important Players Club (VIP Club)
- Provide VIP Club support to players
- Use Marketo (marketing automation software) to create dynamic campaigns that adapt the experience based on a player’s real-time activities. Use real-time intelligence and customer signals to deliver personalized experiences.
- Send and respond to VIP e-mail inquiries
- Monitor VIP Club KPIs and develop strategies to maximize results
- Printing and sending new and replacement VIP Club membership cards
- Work with the Security division to maintain integrity of the Club
- Develop and run reports to analyze player behavior and manage utilization of player data for marketing programs
- Coordinate and implement new online marketing campaigns and strategies
- Stay informed on emerging platforms and keep abreast of trends in digital/electronic media and communications and appropriately pursue new initiatives such as mobile web sites, social media channels, e-newsletters, SMS alerts
- Strategize improved data driven player focused online marketing opportunities
- Coordinate a comprehensive player contact strategy, inclusive of database development
- Leverage the internet to promote our products
- Successfully implement our digital strategy and e-marketing initiatives to support the marketing and communications goals
- Develop new interactive strategies to reach players
- Measure and evaluate effectiveness of interactive marketing activities
- Player engagement and player satisfaction analysis
- Monitor other communities and social media channels to compare and other sites and continuously improve our sites
- Develop strong connections with our players by providing them with information directly suited to their needs and interests and by promoting open communication through all available channels
- Managing and optimizing online traffic generation spanning search engine marketing, social marketing, and mobile marketing
- Using web analytics to identify opportunities and ensuring an optimal online experience to achieve business results (traffic, conversion, average order value, repeat visit rate)
- Proficient in customer acquisition initiatives including paid search, email, mobile, and social media
- Assist in day-to-day marketing duties
Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum (The required skills and qualifications needed to perform the job)
- Must be computer savvy and familiar with other digital media devices
- Must be an advanced user of social media
- Must be a creative problem solver with a passion to reinvent an industry
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to be a data driven decision maker, marketing innovator, and strong collaborator in building working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Must have business knowledge and great customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills and techniques comprised of written, verbal, and presentation capabilities
- Possess a customer-centric mindset, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Great customer service skills
- Highly organized and able to respond quickly to questions, concerns and issues
- Communicate with multiple groups and handle multiple requests effectively and efficiently
- Ability to translate key messages into conversational messages for customers with flawless grammar and punctuation
- Able to learn web coding and post links on all social media channels
- Excel, Microsoft and PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, design software knowledge
- Be able to effectively deal with complaints, web issues, product and billing questions in a written format and/or find the right person to assist. Requires strong, effective verbal and written communications skills to consult with management, business partners and vendors.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license
- Must successfully pass criminal, credit, and public records background checks conducted by the Idaho Lottery
- Must successfully pass pre-employment and random ongoing drug tests
This is a full-time position and is located in Idaho Lottery Headquarters in Boise, Idaho. Pay for this position is between $18.00-$20.00 depending on knowledge and experience and will receive full, State of Idaho employee benefits.
The Idaho Lottery is a self-governing State agency and offers a great benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; paid sick and vacation time; all paid State holidays; State retirement program (PERSI); and many others.
If you feel this is the job for you and you wish to apply, please send a cover letter which should include brief details about your interest in this position and what makes you a qualified candidate, along with your resume to email@example.com, or send by mail to the Idaho Lottery, Attn: Jennifer Quinno-Miller, 1199 Shoreline Lane, Suite 100, Boise, Idaho 83702. Job posting closes November 20, 2020. Submissions must be received or postmarked BY the closing date. Those received or postmarked after the closing date will not be considered.