Date: September 2, 2020
Settlers Irrigation District
Please apply with resume by fax or email to Settlers Irrigation District.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
DO NOT CALL. DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON.
Full Time Position: Irrigation Ditch Rider
Wage: Depends On Experience
Benefits: Paid Time Off, Federal Holidays, State Retirement, Health, & Life Insurance
Irrigation Ditch Rider/Maintenance Job Description:
Assist in operations and maintenance of canal/pressure irrigation systems and equipment which includes daily manual labor.
Irrigation Ditch Rider/Maintenance Job Requirements:
· Must possess or obtain a valid Class A CDL Idaho Driver's License
· Clean driving record
· Skill in the use of hand tools and other maintenance equipment
· Must be able to perform manual labor
· Must be physically fit capable of lifting 75 lbs.
· Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time under adverse weather conditions
· Able to complete work to high standards with limited supervision/independently and in groups
· Complies with safety guidelines
· Assist in maintaining irrigation systems
· Assist in ditch spraying, mowing, and burning weeds, and pest control
· Haul and dispose of weed and trash
· Operate small and heavy equipment
· Assist with work in the shop, weld, torch, plasma, grind.
· Equipment/vehicle maintenance
· General labor that may include: washing and cleaning vehicles and cleaning shop
Preference given for:
Experience with irrigation canals, Class A CDL, concrete, aquatic weed and pest control (licensed applicator)
Must be a motivated individual, have initiative, drive, and the willingness to learn.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.