Child Welfare Field Program Manager
Department of Health and Welfare
3402 Franklin Road/Caldwell
$35 - $40 hour
Are you a seasoned child welfare professional with program management and leadership experience? Do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of children and families in Idaho? Are you seeking a position with training opportunities and an excellent benefits package? If this sounds like a good fit to you, we are seeking applicants for the Human Services Field Program Manager in our Region 3 (Caldwell) Child and Family Services program.
- This position provides critical leadership for the child welfare service program, including child protection, foster care, and adoption
- This position requires a master's degree in social work, behavioral health, psychology, or human services related field AND at least three years of child welfare experience; OR at least five years of experience in child welfare
- The Human Services Field Program Manager reports to the Family & Community Services Deputy Division Administrator
- This position is located at our Caldwell field office
We are seeking candidates who have extensive experience developing and maintaining professional relationships, including skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, and group facilitation. Candidates should have data driven decision making experience and demonstration of moving systems both technically and qualitively. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, is essential for this position. The incumbent must be able to work as an effective and efficient member of a team, with minimal supervision. This is a challenging position and involves high-stress situations. The incumbent must provide open communication in order to develop and manage team members. Extensive knowledge and experience in child welfare are required.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the nation's best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans and optional 401K; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
Example of Duties
- Supports the Division of Family & Community Services' mission, vision, and values in the provision of program services in the region
- Identifies, develops, and evaluates regional program operations, partnerships, and collaborative relationships
- Represents the division before individuals and entities including regional staff, community partners, providers, state and federal officials, courts, and advocacy groups, including public presentations as necessary
- Works with regional staff to measure and analyze outcomes in meeting objectives and priorities for services including preparing outcome reports
- Works closely with Central Office staff and other human services field program managers to ensure accomplishment of statewide outcome standards
- Recommends and implements the division's and department's policies and procedures
- Ensures services are provided in accordance with laws, regulations, contract requirements, and quality standards, including evidence-based practices
- Provides continuous quality improvement, including outcomes and efficiencies in the delivery of services provided in the hub
- Recruits, hires, supervises, and trains staff, including performance reviews and corrective/disciplinary actions
- Plans and implements the strategic assignment of program staff to meet program needs consistent within established statewide standards
- Co-manages the hub child welfare program budget within the defined areas of budget responsibility, ensuring optimal utilization of available state and federal funds
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements.
- Demonstrated competency in management and leadership.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in child welfare.
- Experience assessing, planning, and implementing child welfare, early intervention, developmental disabilities, or other social services program.
Apply online by 6/16/2020 to be considered (Chrome works best as the browser): https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/2787478/child-welfare-field-program-manager-caldwell?keywords=child%20welfare%20field&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.