Race Winning Brands (RWB) is an accumulation of independent businesses, each with market leading brand recognition that sells primarily pistons, and other engine related components into the Automotive and Powersports markets (high-performance racing, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, etc.). The companies are market leaders in manufacturing highly engineered engine components on their respected fields.
RWB has an immediate opening for a full-time CNC Programmer to work in our Rekluse clutch basket facility in Boise, ID.
This position will require the incumbent to generate, update, and maintain programs for CNC mills and lathes utilizing CAM software, manual programming, and custom macro programming (as needed). Use of CAD software to design fixturing that ensures adequate part holding and interface with robotic systems. Meet quality and cost standards through process planning, including machine selection, tooling specification, and inspection requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write production CNC programs which meet or exceed expectations
- The programming team is expected to work effectively with all members of manufacturing, engineering, and operations to develop efficient CNC programs
- The programmer is accountable for the continuous improvement of the programming process to help make RWB a world-class organization
- The programmer is accountable to work productively and professionally with all employees and/or outside suppliers/customers to meet RWB’s strategic objectives
- Will be relied upon for technical expertise in team activities
- Is expected to create and maintain a positive work environment
- CNC program maintenance & updates due to design changes
- Operate machines as required
- Communicate with group leader and/or the Mfg Engineering Manager regarding all work-related issues
- Is responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and promptness of all work
- Trouble shoot manufacturing problems and identify/improve manufacturing methods/processes as required
- Machinist/Machine Tool Technology certificate or equivalent experience
- Extensive combined experience in machining and CAM programming
- Highly skilled in SolidWorks and SolidCAM or other CAD/CAM systems
Required Job Function Competency:
- 2 years of machining experience using CNC mills & lathes
- Thorough knowledge in the use of CAM software packages (SolidCAM preferred)
- Proficient with 3D CAD modeling software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Solid understanding of machine processes and cutting tools
- Excellent communication and team-based skills
- Strong problem-solving skills i.e. root cause/troubleshooting skills
- Thorough knowledge of common measurement procedures, equipment, and practices
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing processes
- Experience with lathes (multi-spindle, live tooling, etc.) and lathe programming
- Experience with multiple types/brands of milling & turning machines & controls (Haas, Fanuc, Mitsubishi)
- Experience in a production atmosphere (high-mix, low-volume)
- Language, writing and computer literacy skills appropriate to support the documentation and analytical requirements of the job
- Communications skills appropriate to support interaction with customers, suppliers and other RWB employees
Preferred Job Function Competency:
- Working knowledge and experience with a computer language like C++ or Visual Basic (G-code)
- Team leadership skill and cross-functional teamwork experience
- Working knowledge of world-class manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001:2000 or equivalent quality system
- Experience with high-tech equipment a plus (CMM, Faro Arm, 3D Scanners, Instant Measuring
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Candidate must be able to clearly communicate in English.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.