Direct Support Professional
3919 E. Ustick Road
Are you seeking rewarding work that gives you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you believe in the assimilation of persons with disabilities into all aspects of community participation? Do you enjoy supporting others in the learning process? If so, then consider joining our ever-growing team! Witco, Inc. is currently hiring for Direct Support Professional's to provide job support and leadership for clients participating in our community-based Supported Employment Services program.
We are presently seeking both full and part-time Direct Support Professionals that can provide one-on-one job coaching with adults with disabilities in the Boise/Meridian area. Anywhere from 15-40 hours per week, day and evening hours available Monday-Friday with possible weekends, but flexibility to choose a variety of hours. Responsibilities to include:
- Providing necessary on-the-job support (either job training or coaching) to ease the client’s transition into working at a community business site.
- Supports client in maintaining community employment through developing social skills, personal awareness, and maintaining awareness of each individual client’s abilities as well as limitations.
- Conducts oneself as a positive role model for clients in terms of physical appearance, socialization, conversation and teamwork.
- Assists client in applying general learned skills to a new job site.
- Assists client in meeting production demands of their employment position.
- Provides an open channel of communication with the employer, families, other team members, and Witco Support Coordinator in regard to clients’ progress and performance.
- Acclimates to a number of work site locations involving a variety of tasks, duties, employer/employee relationships, operations and procedures, etc.
- Assists the employer in alteration/restructuring of jobs for workers with disabilities, when necessary.
- Provides client performance data to Witco Support Coordinator on a timely basis.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to travel between various work sites
- Basic computer, math, and data-tracking skills
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal history background check
- Must valid driver's license/ vehicle insurance and a clean driving record
- Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, communicate, and train others. Occasionally must assist client perform job tasks for purpose of job coaching assistance, client safety, or setting up activities.
What we offer:
- 100% Employer-paid group health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement for miles driven between work sites
- 401(k) retirement program with employer matching contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Work/life balance and generous sick and vacation accrual
- Holiday pay
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.