PHP / Full Stack Software Engineer
Khamu Solutions, LLC
1414 W. bannock st
$55,000 - $90,000 year
Khamu Solutions is looking for a full stack software engineer located in Boise, ID to join our dynamic and growing development team. This person will be involved in all stages of development for a variety of web applications targeted for the hospitality industry. We are looking for experienced individuals to apply their knowledge of coding on the LAMP Stack and who demonstrate success in Agile development environments to contribute to a variety of product lines. To be successful in this role you must be willing to take on new challenges and adapt quickly. You must possess strong critical thinking skills such as the interpretation of the data and how it relates directly to the problem. You must also be able to clearly and effectively communicate new ideas and or problems that arise, as well as be open to feedback.
About Khamu Solutions:
We are a small, successful software company that enjoys sustained growth every year with a customer base across the country and offering a variety of software and digital marketing products for the hospitality industry. We like to work hard in a laid-back environment that focuses on personal growth and accomplishment and customer satisfaction.
5+ Years of experience in the following core technologies:
- PHP with a deep understanding of MVC pattern (Laravel experience a plus)
- Single Page App Framework (React, AngularJS, Knockout, Ember, etc.)
- Web services & APIs (RESTful / SOAP)
- HTML 5, CSS / SCSS, Bootstrap
5+ years proficiency in all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development, and testing while managing time-sensitive and long-term projects
- Recent experience developing on the LAMP stack
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience integrating Web Services / External APIs
- Experience working with Git
- Experience with Gulp.js
- Troubleshoot and debug complex applications (e.g. network requests, front-end performance, layout issues, browser bugs)
- Must be able to work with Linux virtual machines via Hyper-V, VMware, etc.
Ideal Candidate Skills
- Recent professional experience building high-traffic, public-facing web applications for desktop and mobile devices with SOA (any stack).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with basic Linux administration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with MySQL or MariaDB including light database administration.
- Working in environments that fully embrace the Agile or Kanban methodology
- Experience with Unit and Regression Testing
- Understanding of browser rendering cross-browser and cross-device support.
- Possesses a sincere passion for innovating with technology that yields high-quality deliverables
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, and new challenges
- Effective communicator while contributing to the two-person Development Team
Beneficial, but not mandatory qualifications:
- Restaurant, Point-of-Sale and/or Software sales experience
- Mobile Application Development
- Perl/Shell scripting
- Cordova experience a plus
- Knowledge of AWS and its services (EC2, RDS, DocumentDB)
- Heavily contribute to building out both standalone and integrated web-applications.
- Offer post-production support following the release.
- Estimate plans, schedules, and technical design on assigned projects throughout the entire life cycle.
- Manage personal development tasks
- Develop/update web services, controllers and associated libraries/classes and data sources.
- Working with a team (designers, project managers, developers) to create/advanced cutting-edge web and mobile applications.
- Analyze and optimize the performance of back-end service calls and rendering of pages in the browser.
- Ensure work products are delivered on-schedule and comply with best practices and standards.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Continuous learning, quick learner, willing to learn new things, curious.
- Be a reliable technical resource to the rest of the team.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Wages - D.O.E.
- Health Insurance
- Cell Phone reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.