Basic Function: Position is responsible for the planning and selling activities through applicable marketing/sales strategies which include prospecting, qualifying, interviewing, presentations, demonstrations, price negotiations and delivery of both new and used equipment products. Will provide exceptional customer service before and after the sale and will interface with customers daily on the phone and in person.
- Marketing and Sales:
- Markets new and used equipment, products and services by being proficient in the following:
- Approach: ability to approach the customer with confidence and build rapport
- Interviewing: understand how to ask strategic questions that uncover customers’ needs and expectations
- Demonstrating: demonstrates Vermeer products in a fashion that persuades customers buying decision
- Negotiating: confidence in negotiating a fair transaction between the customer and Vermeer Rocky Mountain
- Closing Skills: competence in the process of completing the sales transaction
- Strives to maintain best possible profit margin per transaction
- Calls on potential and existing customers for the purpose of increasing and maintaining customer base
- Follows up on leads and phone calls promptly
- Expected to hit annual sales projections for their territory
- Required involvement in related customer shows and associations
- Ability to listen intently to others
- Customer Satisfaction:
- Interacts with contacts in a caring, professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Provides needed solutions to enhance customer equipment operations and address customer concerns and problems.
- Arranges product demonstrations on request to qualified customers. May assist in training personnel on equipment use.
- Responds promptly to resolve customer issues and needs; involving all departments at Vermeer Rocky Mountain
- Responsible for turning in Call Reports and Customer Hot List on a weekly basis
- Provide accurate and professional price quotes to customers in a timely manner
- Ability to evaluate customers equipment and give accurate trade allowances with assistance of sales manager
- Maintain accurate information (i.e., quotes given, notes, equipment purchased, sales reports, etc.) of customers account utilizing existing database
- Competence in accurately completing Warranty Cards, Delivery Agreements, Demonstration Agreements, Rental Agreements, Financial Documents, and any other related documentation and provide them in required time frame
- Required to follow proper recording procedures when transporting equipment from the dealership
- Required to follow up with unpaid equipment invoices
- Required to follow proper procedure (Prep Orders) for preparing equipment for sale, rental, or demonstration and give adequate notice to service department for equipment inspection
- Product Knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of Vermeer and competitive equipment
- Communicates key features and benefits of Vermeer equipment and how they apply to the customers individual needs
- Competence of how to operate Vermeer equipment
- Clarity in the proper application and limitations of entire product line
- Retain key specifications of entire product line
- Understands and communicates the required daily maintenance of Vermeer products upon delivery
- Territory Management:
- Prepare a strategic daily written action plan to follow
- Maintain proper market balance and territory coverage within all counties of assigned territory to maximize market share
- Maximizes time in territory cultivating relationships with existing customers
- Actively seeks out new business by consistently calling on prospective accounts
- Utilize GPS Mapping Program for maximum efficiency and proper territory coverage
- Utilize Customer Management Software Program to accurately track customer data
Desired minimum experience, education and skills required:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent. College degree a plus.
- Previous Industry experience desired. Must have a minimum of two years sales experience.
- Forklift certification a plus.
- CDL and clean driving record is a requirement.
- Able to travel - Traveling about 60% of your work week
Performance behavior requirement necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the job reflecting our company values:
- Servant Leadership – Provide service and support that empowers everyone to reach their full potential.
- Honesty – Always being truthful, doing the right thing and treating people fairly.
- Dependable – Builds trusting relationships through quality, performance and consistent effort.
- Caring – Always seek to be understanding, supportive and thankful for opportunities.
- Profitable – Use Vermeer’s profits to grow and improve, to provide for needs and positively impact our community.
- Teamwork – Unite skills and efforts around common goals to accomplish more together than alone.
- Initiative – Is self-motivated to take action to achieve required results
- Attitude – Demonstrates proper mental approach towards others
- Self-Development – Disciplined action to continuously improve
- Work Ethic – The willingness to give the needed time and disciplined action required to succeed
- Creative – Strategically using available resources to achieve desired results
- Passion – Unwavering desire to be successful
- Consistency – Routinely perform the above required expectations
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may work in outside weather conditions. The employee may work near moving mechanical parts and be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. The employee may be exposed to organic materials, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.