If you're a Sales Engineer looking to join a growing company, check out this exciting opportunity with Cable ONE.
The Business Sales Engineer evaluates Cable One customers’ networking requirements and develops the technical solutions that meet customers’ needs while generating positive revenue growth to the Cable One business unit. The position ensures a positive customer experience by effectively leading troubleshooting teams and resolving complex technical issues related to Cable One products and services.
What you will be doing:
• Handles the preliminary design and technical aspects of multiple large scope projects, inclusive of cross-functional coordination and heavy collaboration with customers to meet design requirements.
• Leads customer interactions and expectations for large-scale projects from initial meetings through completion to RFP, RFI, and order packets for Cable One Enterprise customers.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex design and reporting issues related to deployment of Cable One products and services.
• Works with the Enterprise sales team to qualify clients’ needs and help propose design solutions.
• Collaborates and engages with Cable One Regional and Corporate Engineering resources and external vendors/partners to ensure all design aspects are covered for a specific project.
• Responsible for technical accuracy of all contracts prepared for customer signature in support of Cable One sales.
• Qualifies all incoming orders prior to sending them to the Order Management team.
• Initiates discussions internally in an effort to recommend enhanced solutions to customers to drive new revenue opportunities.
• Handles customer requests as required to ensure post-install support issues are escalated to the correct support team.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation(s) will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Two years of Telecom Engineering experience focused on network design. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
• Must possess broad knowledge of telecommunications, along with strong understanding of voice, video, and data transport.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills; confidence and ability to interface at Senior Operations level.
• Must have knowledge of networking protocols to include, but not be limited to: SONET, DWDM, Ethernet, LAN/WAN, FR/ATM, VoIP, TDM voice, MPLS, wireless, etc.
• Strong computer skills including Windows based applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio) required.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• The position requires up to 30% travel.
• Geocoding/mapping skills preferred.
• In-depth routing protocols experience BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, MPLS.
• In-depth knowledge of QOS (Quality of Service).
• Familiarity with leading equipment vendors’ platforms.
• Experience working with MSO hybrid fiber and coaxial network design and knowledge of CMTS and cable TV services.
• 5 years working knowledge of networking components (Cisco routers/switches/optical equipment, Juniper routers/switches, firewalls, and load balancers).
• Experience with reporting protocols and tools: netflow, sflow, etc.
Benefits: Cable ONE appreciates the role our associates’ play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
Plus Other Perks:
About Us: Cable ONE (NYSE: CABO) is a leading broadband communications provider serving more than 800,000 residential and business customers in 21 states. Cable ONE provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Cable ONE is the recipient of 2018 Multiple System Operator of the year by Cable Fax and J.D. Power’s highest accolade – the number one spot in the 2018 residential internet service provider satisfaction study for the western region of the United States.
Cable ONE operates with the philosophy that happy associates make happy customers! Therefore, associates enjoy good benefits and an open culture where their ideas are not only asked for, but crucial to the success of our business. Cable ONE provides a great place to work for talented and passionate associates who are committed to the Company’s goals!
Cable ONE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To be considered for this opportunity, you must apply directly on our website at https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/CAB1003/JobBoard/d87d7da8-1e7f-3d96-c01e-b457c3a2faac/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=c83c9137-9d9f-4828-bcdf-61469c0d8d97. Candidates who do not apply via our website, will not be considered for the opportunity.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.