If you have reached a crossroads of sorts in your professional life, then it may be time for you to change your career. Changing careers is a drastic overhaul of a decision that shouldnt be taken lightly, but if you go through with it, here are some goals to keep in mind while you apply for Boise jobs. These tips are courtesy of The Wall Street Journal.
1. Establish your goals: according to the Journal, goals relating to career change should be sorted into three categories: short-term, intermediate, and long-term.
2. Do some research: if you are going to change careers, you would do well to identify which industries are expanding. Job boards and business news publications are the best places to look. The Journal also identifies the Labor Departments Occupational Outlook Handbook (which can be found on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website) as a good research source.
3. Take some assessment tests: these tests can help you discover or rediscover skills and talents and jobs that suit these abilities. The three tests that the Journal recommends are the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory, and Campbell Interest & Skill Survey.
4. Find out what skills youll need for your new career path: youll have to do some more research to cover this step. Networking comes into play as well. Taking classes and doing volunteer work can help you improve on the necessary skills if your credentials are lacking.
5. Revamp your resume: we have established that your resume should be different for each job; in this case, highlight skills or experience that will be most relevant to your new line of work.
By Kyle Wise
Click here to find Boise Jobs
Back to About